Thursday, October 18, 2012

Creamy, but dairy free, delicious and full of flavor, but vegan, and a hit for the whole family!

I made potato, leek and onion soup. Everyone loved it, and Audrey asked for a thermos for school. Avalei said she wanted some for lunch even if it got "cold and icky", lol!

Here is what I did. Chopped a few cloves of garlic, three leeks (just white and light green parts), a white onion, and around 8 potatoes, or so. I eyeball a lot, lol. Then sautéed in olive oil, until onions became clear/softened and added about 58-60 oz vegetable broth. I heated to a boil, then simmered for 20 minutes. I then put it in my vitamix, in batches, until it was all creamy. You would think it had cheese or milk/cream, but it doesn't! I then added some sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. This time I also added some garlic salt for a little extra oomph. Divine!

Here is my proof in pics, though oddly out of order... I added them step by step. I'll have to fix this from my computer, and not a mobile device... anyway, here you go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment